Contact Debbie Mansfield at Treasured Time on 07890 134 656
My name is Debbie Mansfield. Treasured Time is a companionship and support service I run in Sheffield to help people living alone, maintain their independence at home. Although this particularly affects the elderly, there are of course other circumstances where someone lives alone and therefore, lacks the support of close family or friends to visit them. This may even be on a short term basis, i.e. convalescing following a hospital admission, when extra help is required to get you back on your feet.
It is important for everyone’s wellbeing, to have face to face contact with someone that genuinely cares about them. All of us enjoy spending quality time with someone who can listen and understand our needs – even if it is only for a short period of time during the day. Seeing a visitor really boosts morale and make you feel better, and it breaks up the day for you.
I want to be able to provide people with a better quality of life by being a friendly face and providing genuine support, giving much needed respite from feelings of loneliness and isolation.
AGE UK states ‘that almost 3 million older people have no one to turn to’.
My aim is to offer the quality one-to-one time and support that is needed.
Let me offer you the companionship and support you need whether on a short term, or long term basis.
NOTE: This is a companionship service and therefore I am not able to provide personal care, nor can I be involved in giving out medication.
Therefore my aim is to offer;
- Companionship to individuals that live alone, helping them to find time for enjoyment and to enhance their daily living.
- To support and help in managing some of the day-to-day issues that arise running a home that need sorting out – paying bills, sorting out repairs and maintenance etc.
- To work with people who need a little extra support to maintain their independence at home – even if this is on a short-term basis such as recovering from illness or hospitalization until you are back on your feet.
- To provide support to Carers, so that they can spend time with a companion themselves or have time to go out and about whist their loved one is being supported at home.
- To offer support to relatives who have a busy working life, so that they know someone is there for their loved one when they can’t be due to work or holiday commitments.
The first half hour visit is free. During this time, we can assess your needs, and decide if my services are suitable for you.
Once the agreement has been accepted, the following costs apply:
- £15 per hour (inclusive of local outings under 2 miles)
- Following this an additional £0.45p travel expenses is payable per mile for any outing.
- I would request that 48 hours’ notice is given to cancel a visit otherwise 50% will be payable at the next visit.
- Note: If 4 sessions are booked and paid for in advance within a 6 week period, you will receive a 10% discount on the overall price (this may be reviewed periodically). Fees will be reviewed on an annual basis.