I originally trained as a SEN(M), and worked in that sector caring for the elderly for around 9 years. After this I changed pathways and moved to administration work, being employed in both the NHS and private sectors at various stages of my career. Between 2002 to June 2017 I worked in a Fertility Clinic as Clinic Director, and then Quality lead providing a patient centered service. This was a key element of my job, and I enjoyed listening to patients and improving standards of service through patient feedback and audit.
It was through doing voluntary work though that I realized I wanted to work alongside people more directly again and offer them support in the community by forming a companionship service. I began working towards this in 2016, and Treasured Time started up at the beginning of May 2017.
Since May 2017, I have developed my client base and am working with people whose needs vary considerably, from those who simply want to talk and catch up, to working with those that struggle with dementia and need more specific support in the home to maintain their independence.
Why Choose Treasured Time:
- I am DBS (police) checked.
- I am First Aid trained.
- I am able to provide professional and character references.
- I have completed a dementia awareness course, and safeguarding on-line course.
- Through my nursing career I worked with dementia patients on a regular basis and understand the needs associated with this illness.
- My work in the private and NHS healthcare settings, where I was a Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission for 13 years, gave me a clear understanding about privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.
If you would like to discuss your individual needs call me on 07890 134 656