I originally trained as a mental nurse, and worked in that sector caring for the elderly for around 9 years. After this I changed pathways and moved to administration work, being employed in both the NHS and private sectors at various stages of my career. Between 2002 to June 2017 I worked in a Fertility Clinic as Clinic Director and then Quality lead, providing a patient centered service. This was a key element of my job, and I enjoyed listening to patients and improving standards of service through patient feedback and audit.
It was through doing some voluntary work that I realized I really wanted to work with people in the community, particularly the elderly. Therefore, I began working towards a life style change at the end of 2016. Hence Treasured Time began in May 2017. I have found working with my clients most rewarding, with each person having different needs.
Why Choose Treasured Time:
- Generally I really want to offer my care and support!
- I am DBS checked.
- I am First Aid trained.
- I am able to provide professional and character references.
- I have completed a dementia awareness course, and safeguarding on-line course.
- Guaranteed one-to-one service by the same person at the time specified.
- Through my mental healthcare nursing I have a good understanding of the problems faced by an aging generation including dementia.
- Via my voluntary work in the community with ‘Care in Crosspool’ I gained experience of visiting people in their own homes and know how much it means to them to keep in touch with what is going on in the community.
- I have visited the Cairn Residential home in Crosspool since 2014 offering companionship to its residents and stimulating conversation in groups.
- My work in the private and NHS healthcare settings, where I was a Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission for 13 years, gave me a clear understanding about privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.