I originally trained as a SEN(M), and worked in that sector caring for the elderly for around 9 years. After this I changed pathways and moved to administration work, being employed in both the NHS and private sectors at various stages of my career. Between 2002 to June 2017 I worked in a Fertility Clinic as Clinic Director, and then Quality lead providing a patient centered service. This was a key element of my job, and I enjoyed listening to patients and improving standards of service through patient feedback and audit.
It was through doing voluntary work though that I realized I wanted to work alongside people more directly again and offer them support in the community by forming a companionship service. I began working towards this in 2016, and Treasured Time started up at the beginning of May 2017.
Why Choose Treasured Time:
- I am DBS (police) checked.
- I am First Aid trained.
- I am able to provide professional and character references.
- I have completed a dementia awareness course, and safeguarding on-line course.
- Through my nursing career I have experience in dealing with dementia patients.
- My work in the private and NHS healthcare settings, where I was a Registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission for 13 years, gave me a clear understanding about privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.